St Kitts And Nevis Citizenship by investment
The citizenship program of St. Kitts was established in 1984. It requires applicants to make an economic contribution to the country and these provisions allow the government to operate a program under which citizenship is granted to people who qualify under criteria set by a cabinet decision. The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis offer an option for the “Citizenship-by-investment” program. It attracts foreigners, who make a substantial contribution to the development of the country.
Investors along with their families can directly qualify for citizenship through investment, either by making a donation or investment in real estate purchase.
St Kitts passport is an excellent second passport and offers numerous benefits including for visa-free travel to over 100+ countries in Europe, the Caribbean. It usually takes 6 months approximately to receive the passport after the investment is made.
hat does make St Kitts unique?
St Kitts and Nevis, also known as ‘The Federation of St Christopher and Nevis’ is a twin-island nation located in the Caribbean Sea. The Federation may be accessed directly from the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom, by simply choosing one of a wide range of international airlines serving the island daily. The official language is English. The place has a rich culture & history with a pleasant tropical climate, turquoise waters, and sugar-soft beaches make the two islands a fashionable tourism destination and a true earthly paradise. The country is the most eco-friendly place on earth, with Nevis expected to be run by geothermal energy in a matter of some years. These islands are a mix of relaxation and active business. It has many golf courses & SPAs, but also provides one of the most business-friendly environments in the world for entrepreneurs hoping to set up companies and pursue other commercial activities.
The main applicant is required to make a contribution of USD 150,000.
The benefits of possessing a St Kitts citizenship for South Africans
The benefits of possessing a St Kitts citizenship for South Africans are as follows:
- You get a visa free travel to all EU Schengen countries including Switzerland, UK, and Ireland.
- There is no residency or visit to St Kitt’s needed.
- The entire family is eligible for the program.
- There is a lucrative short investment period.
- The islands have an attractive tax regime.
- Positive and favorable business environment
- Tax free – no income or wealth tax.
- They get a lifetime citizenship.
- Easy second passport & citizenship for your family members.
- You enjoy privacy in a small peaceful country.
- The benefit of keeping dual citizenship.
- Complete choice of Real estate investment.
South Africa Vs St Kitts
- LIVE 12.1 YEARS LONGER
In South Africa, the average life expectancy is just 64 years while for Saint Kitts and Nevis, that number is 76 years.
- BE 19.1% LESS LIKELY TO BE OBESE
In South Africa, 28.3% of adults are obese & in Saint Kitts and Nevis, the number is 22.9%.
- MAKE 98.5% MORE MONEY
South Africa has a GDP per capita of $13,500. On the other hand, Saint Kitts and Nevis, has a GDP per capita of $26,800.
- BE 83.7% LESS LIKELY TO BE UNEMPLOYED
In South Africa, 27.6% of adults are unemployed while in St Kitts, that number is 4.5%.
- BE 72.9% LESS LIKELY TO DIE DURING INFANCY
In South Africa, nearly 31.0 children die before they reach the age of one but in Saint Kitts and Nevis, only 8.4 children do.
- BE 40.2% MORE LIKELY TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS
In South Africa, 54.0% of the population has internet access while in Saint Kitts, about 75.7% do.
- SPEND 52.5% LESS ON EDUCATION
South Africa spends 5.9% of its total GDP on education & Saint Kitts spends 2.8% of total GDP on education.
- SPEND 42.0% LESS ON HEALTHCARE
South Africa spends 8.8% of its total GDP on healthcare while for Saint Kitts and Nevis, that number is 5.1% of GDP.
The criteria to be an eligible applicant
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must e of good character
- Have no criminal record
- Able to pass a detailed background check
- Must be able to provide proof of source of funds
- Must be healthy
- The applicant must have a valid passport.
- The applicant must not have a criminal record.
- The applicant must complete all the medical examinations.
- The applicant must provide documents supporting the source & the origin of the declared funds for investment.
- The applicant must make an appropriate investment.
- Dependents include children up to the age of 30 who have a dependency relationship (financial or otherwise) to the parents.
- Parents or grandparents of the principal applicant or spouse may qualify as dependents if they are above 55 years of age, living with the main applicant, and can prove financial dependency on the main applicant.
The requirements for a successful application process
Applicants and their families may enjoy citizenship of St Kitts and Nevis by choosing one of below options:
- By making a contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)
- By making a contribution to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF)
- By making an investment in pre-approved real estate
By making a contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)
The SGF took effect in April 2018. A direct contribution to the Government of St Kitts and Nevis, the Fund focuses on stimulating the areas of education, health, & infrastructure, mitigate the effects of climate change, support economic growth, & promote, preserve, protect and develop the culture and heritage of the nation. The investment contribution for main applicant is around US$150,000, with a US$25,000 investment for the spouse, a further US$10,000 per dependent. Therefore, a family of four, composed of a main applicant, a spouse, and two children, is required to contribute a total amount of US$195,000. A further contribution of US$10,000 is required for subsequent dependents.
By making a contribution in the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF)
The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation option is the most popular alternative for citizenship by investment in St Kitts and Nevis. It was established in 2006, the SIDF is a public charity that assists the Government with the task of diversifying St Kitts and Nevis’ economy. The minimum contribution required under this option is US$250,000.
By making an Investment in Pre-approved Real Estate
The pre-approved real estate option means that the applicants should purchase a property. The minimum required investment under this option is US$400,000, with a further requirement to hold that property for a minimum of 5 years. Alternatively, applicants may invest in a shared system, paying a minimum amount of US$200,000. In the situation, real estate should be held for 7 years to maintain its economic citizenship status. Also, additional Government fees apply to both real estate options.
The required steps for a successful application process
Timeline and Procedure
The passport for Saint Kitts and Nevis can be obtained in a period of 4 to 6 months. Investors can opt for the fast track option & obtain citizenship in just 60 days.
There is a preliminary background check and once it is cleared, file preparation begins and required documents are collected. Advisory, governments and due diligence fees are paid.
The passport application begins and the file is submitted.
Month 4 -6
Issuance of the “Approved in Principal” letter by the CIU (Government’s Citizenship-by-Investment Unit).
Investment is made in the selected option.
The naturalization certificate is issued.
The submission of passport application & issuance of St Kitts and Nevis passports is done.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the official language of St Kitts?
The official language of St Kitts is English.
2. Does St Kitts allow keeping the original citizenship?
Yes, St Kitts allows one to keep their original citizenship as it has a provision of dual citizenship.
3. Will my citizenship expire?
No, the citizenship will not expire and can be passed on to the future generations by descent.
4. Do I have to pay tax in St Kitts?
Residents of St. Kitts enjoy no direct personal taxes. Even if citizens reside on the islands, they’ll not be subjected to personal income tax, estate duty, inheritance or succession taxes, gift taxes or net worth tax.
5. What currency do they use in St Kitts?
The currency used in St Kitts is Eastern Caribbean Dollar.
6. What is the restricted country list?
Iran and Afghanistan are the countries that are restricted from getting the citizenship in St Kitts.
7. Can I Visit Schengen countries with a St Kitts Passport?
Yes, St Kits and Nevis passport holders can visit Schengen countries with their Passport.
8. Can the family be included in the main subject’s application?
Yes, the family can be included in the main subject’s application.
9. Is the main applicant required to stay in St Kitts for a minimum period once the passport has been issued?
No, the main applicant required to stay in St Kitts for a minimum period once the passport has been issued.
10. Is taking Oath required?
St Kitts does not requires taking Oath from applicants, unlike other countries
11. Which Personal Documents are required?
Documents required are :
- Police clearance certificate.
- Two Original birth certificates per person.
- Documents that are not in English language must be officially translated.
- A medical certificate with HIV clearance (not older than three months)
- Certified copy of Marriage certificate.
- Two Reference letters from Bankers, Lawyers, and Chartered Accountant (not older than 3 months).
I am test text for Call to action.